We invite you to an ongoing Salon Series on Digital Social Sciences, Humanities and the Arts
The use of computational techniques and tools in the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences has seen enormous growth in the past several years. At UBC there are a number of faculties using computational methods to studying these fields but, as of yet, there is no means for interdisciplinary collaboration. The SFU/UBC Digital Salon Series is a step towards the development of a cross-departmental and cross faculty research community.
We would like to invite you to attend an ongoing Salon Series in which we introduce ourselves and our research, discuss Digital Social Science, Humanities and Arts research initiatives, and discuss the business case for establishing a research community on this theme at UBC. Specifically, this initiative will allow faculty to….
- learn more about the breadth of research at SFU/UBC related to the Digital Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- identify areas for collaboration
- identify and obtain technical expertise and resources that may be available to SFU/UBC
- learn about research methods and technical competencies from one another
- identify future equipment and resource needs
- discuss opportunities to collaborate on and apply for large-scale funding opportunities such as CFI’s and Partnership grants
In the true spirit of a traditional Salon, we hope to be able to offer you engaging conversation and good food and drink! Check the News page from information on a detailed agenda for the next salon, along with information on past salons.
If you have any questions, comments, or important information regarding Digital Humanities, please feel free to post on the comments page. We also welcome feedback on past Salons as well as background information about yourself and your research interests (links are welcome).
We look forward to collaborating with you!